Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tomica Obsession

I think it is safe to say that my fascination with cars started with my first Tomica car. I played with these Japanese versions of Matchbox cars constantly. The Yokohama Sogo store made a pretty yen from my obsession. I think this promotional ad says it all.



My memories were stirred today when I saw Jalopnik's post about a series of stop-action youtube clips featuring Tomica cars. All I have to say is someone has a lot of time on their hands.



CKY

P.S. Here is an official list, with pictures, of every Tomica car made, categorized by year. I am going to work on compiling a list, with pictures, of all the 1970s era Tomica police cars.

1 comment:

Rich said...

Found among a giant stack of 80s car magazines repatriated from mom's basement: Tomica Porsche 928 circa 1978! Time to go excavating for more.