Friday, July 09, 2010

Oakland Acura window riot damage (Buy Oakland)

As a car guy, I commit a cardinal sin on a regular basis.  You see, I take my car to the dealership for service.  I choose to do business with Oakland Acura because the people who work there (sales and service) are honest, friendly, and helpful.  As with all car dealerships, revenue has been down since the recession.  These broken windows from the riot last night do not help.  I hope this is the entire extent of the damage.

So, if you need to buy an Acura, buy one at Oakland Acura.  You'll not only help the business, but tax dollars will go to Oakland, which desperately needs it.  And if you need your Acura or Sterling serviced, please consider taking it there.  There's a Whole Foods across the street where you can wait, have coffee, and have a light meal.

2 comments:

MattC said...

I've never understood why people take out their frustrations on local businesses. First, I understand that a young man was killed as a police officer mistakingly took his service weapon (instead of his newly issued Taser)to subdue Grant, resulting in his death. It is a tragic event, a young man dead and an officer convicted.

I do not live in the Oakland area so I confess that I am unsure of police/public relations history in that area. However, destroying local businesses is NOT the answer...

Maxichamp said...

It's very frustrating and hard to understand. Maybe I need to interview a rioter and post it here.