Tuesday, March 29, 2011

San Francisco Financial District curry war

The streets downtown smelled/reeked of curry today.

The first food truck I saw/smelled belonged to Curry Up Now.  Official site.  Yelp reviews.

Just a few blocks away was JapaCurry.  Official site.  Yelp reviews.

Since my lunch meeting had to be at a sit-down restaurant, I ordered the pork belly cutlet curry rice at Stone Korean Kitchen at 4 Embarcadero Center.  My review: The food tasted pretty good, although the cutlet was left in the deep fryer too long.  It was overpriced at $12.  The service was terrible.  The food took forever.  Plus, it took them a long time to give us our change (we paid with cash).  And to top it off, the bus boy dropped a metal rice bowl lid on my lap when he was clearing the table.  Official site.  Yelp reviews.

No comments: