Thursday, April 14, 2011

Question for you: 22 volume set of The World of Automobiles


I found a complete set for $25 on Craigslist.  It was done by Columbia House and weighs a ton.  They were published in the 1970s.  I'm always looking for fodder for my blog, so I thought this might be a good investment for when I have writer's block.

The question is: Are you familiar with these books?  How is the content?  Is it worth schlepping over to some rando person's house in the evening and buying them?

The seller is calling me today, so any answers from y'all would be appreciated.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea, but can you go wrong for that price?

Better to regret for getting them than for not, IMO. In addition, you could sell them afterwards if they were not good enough.

John L said...

Go for it!

longrooffan said...

I agree with John L!

Maxichamp said...

The books are supposedly in great shape. I hope the deal goes through this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Alan said...

I love this sort of thing. How are the books, content-wise? The Cd thing you posted makes me think they're probably pretty good reading. Ever look through vintage Automobile Quarterlies? Great stuff.

Maxichamp said...

@Alan: It's decent. There are quite a number of cool vintage pictures that are not available online. It's Britain-centered. It has many articles on British drivers and marques I had never heard before.

It's definitely worth $25, but not $50 or more.