Monday, March 18, 2013

Which supercar would you drive?

As you can probably tell, this blog is not big on brand new supercars. However, I would like to experience driving one, or two, or three, for research purposes, of course. That's why I'm trying to finagle my way into driving a couple of them in Las Vegas next week, gratis. If you could choose just two from the following list, which would you choose and why?
  • Lamborghini Gallardo LP550
  • Lamborghini Superleggera LP570
  • Lamborghini Aventador LP700
  • Ferrari F430 F1
  • Ferrari 430 Scuderia
  • Ferrari 458 Italia
  • McLaren MP4-12C
  • Porsche Cayman R
  • Porsche 997 Turbo S
  • Audi R8 V10
  • Aston Martin Vantage S
  • Nissan GT-R
  • Mercedes SLS AMG
Personally, I'd pick the GT-R for the technology and the SLS AMG because gullwing. Clearly, there are more "desirable" options than those two.


6 comments:

Pete Dushenski said...

Aventador for tech and 430 Scud for purity. Not a huge Aventador fan, but low expectations are that much more easily exceeded. The Scud would have the purity of the Cayman R with more revs, more power, and just the perfect amount of wry delicacy.

And por gratis? You devil!

Edvin said...

From a technological point of view I find the McLaren the most desirable. However I think supercars are all about the drama and feeling special. I believe the Aventador would be the most memorable experience in that sense. Lucky guy.

Maxichamp said...

@Peter and Edvin: I give myself a 40% chance of success. And even if they let me drive the cars, I don't think I get to pick.

Sanchez said...

430 Scuderia, 997 Turbo S.

P.S. My captcha to publish this comment says: "430 yeupWee"

Alan said...

12C because it's a game-changed, Aventador because it's a V12 Lambo.

GT-R would be my third choice for the same reason I chose the 12C, fourth would be 911 Turbo.

Have fun!

Paul said...

I'd pick the 911 Turbo S b/c I have a thing for Porsches. 12C would be my second choice b/c of the rarity.